Among many weight loss systems, carbohydrate -free methods for losing weight occupy a special place. It is also used by professional athletes for so -called "drying". The main goal in this case is to get rid of subcutaneous fat and build muscle, giving them wonderful relief. Before starting a diet, research all the pros and cons, principles and contraindications.
The fact is
As the name suggests, a carb -free program is about reducing carbohydrates in your diet by focusing on fats and proteins. Many other protein diets are based on the same rules - Ducan, Montignac, keto diet. According to reviews, depending on a carbohydrate-free diet, in two weeks the pipeline can be 5-10 kg, depending on the initial weight.
However, it is impossible to leave carbohydrates completely, they are necessary for the normal functioning of the digestive tract and nervous system. After all, carbohydrates are a source of energy for the body, therefore, by completely removing them from the diet, you will soon begin to feel periodic headaches, drowsiness, fatigue, mood swings, low concentration and other "pleasures". Therefore, nutritionists recommend the intake of 20-30 grams of carbohydrates in the diet per day. At the same time, products with a low glycemic index have advantages.
What is the GI
The glycemic index is the rate at which carbohydrates in food are absorbed by the body and increase blood sugar.
The scale for measuring the glycemic index (abbreviated GI) consists of 100 units. Therefore, 0 is the minimum value, i. e. the product contains absolutely no carbohydrates and 100 is the maximum. Foods with a high GI very quickly fill the blood with glucose, as a result of which the body is replenished with extra calories. If at this time extra energy is not needed, it is immediately converted into fat accumulation. This is how the body provides a source of stored energy.
Remember: it is not high GI foods that will interfere with slimming, but their uncontrolled consumption. Especially with an inactive lifestyle. For example, if you have just done strength training, fast carbs will be beneficial by stimulating muscle growth. And if you just sit on the couch and watch TV, sweets and pastries will only worsen your appearance and health.
Note:the actual GI index may vary depending on the amount of food consumed, method of preparation, heat treatment, combination with other foods and other factors. However, the amount does not differ drastically: Brussels sprouts, for example, will remain a low GI product (10-20 units), and the glycemic index of instant cereals is still high.
High glycemic index foods (95-70)
- White bread;
- baked, boiled and mashed potatoes;
- instant porridge, including rice;
- corn flakes;
- sports drinks (PowerAde, Gatorade);
- sweet pastries;
- muesli with beans and raisins;
- pumpkins, melons and watermelons;
- milk chocolate and chocolate bars;
- carbonated drinks Pepsi and Coca-Cola;
Simple GI (65-55)
- Wheat flour;
- packaged juices;
- preserving and blocking;
- rye bread and black yeast;
- muesli with sugar;
- jacket potatoes;
- whole wheat bread;
- canned vegetables;
- Pasta with cheese;
- sweet ice cream;
- long grain rice;
- chocolate buckwheat;
- wine and grape juice;
- short bread.
Low GI (50-5)
- Sweet potatoes (yams, yams);
- green buckwheat;
- basmati rice;
- cranberry juice without sugar;
- oranges, kiwi and mangoes;
- apple juice without sugar;
- brown rice;
- freshly squeezed orange juice;
- radish juice without sugar;
- dried apricots and prunes;
- tomato juice;
- cabbage of various kinds: cauliflower, Brussels sprouts, white cabbage;
- nuts: peanuts, hazelnuts, pistachios, pine nuts, walnuts;
- tauhu (tauhu);
- greens: parsley, basil, oregano.
Important:even low GI foods contain calories, so you must count them. There is no direct relationship between glycemic index and caloric content.
How does it work
To produce glucose and other sources of energy, the body needs a substance called alanine. The body doesn’t get enough carbohydrates, so it has to use "fat storage" to produce alanine. In order not to reduce muscle mass, you need to eat protein foods.
You gradually lose weight, the body is cleansed and dismantled. Strength and well -being are guaranteed.
Note:alanine is an aliphatic amino acid that plays an important role in human energy metabolism. Due to the interaction of alanine with various biologically active compounds, other useful substances are formed in the body.
In order for the results to be quick and effective, we carefully observe all aspects of this nutritional system:
- Eat 5-6 small meals throughout the day. You must forget about intermediate snacks.
- The norm of drinking water every day is 2-2. 5 liters. Drink water before meals and half an hour afterwards, but not at the same time.
- Eat the last meal before seven or eight o'clock at night. If at night you are tormented by unbearable hunger, inhale your stomach with a glass of water, and then sleep.
- Take vitamin and mineral supplements.
- Reduce the amount of carbohydrates in the menu gradually: from the usual rate of 150-200 g, approaching the minimum value-20-30 grams.
- Eliminate bread, sugar, coffee, starchy foods (potatoes, beets, corn), fruits with high GI, semi-finished products from the diet; foods marked as "dietary" or fat -free, alcohol is also unacceptable.
- From vegetable fats, only a small amount of nuts and olive oil or flaxseed is allowed.
- Frying food is allowed, but again only in olive oil or flaxseed.
- Don't forget about exercise. If you can not stand running in the morning or swimming at all, calm yourself with the fact that thanks to physical education, the skin will not sag after losing weight, and muscles will acquire a beautiful shape.
Foods you can eat without restrictions:
- meat (beef, beef, rabbit, turkey);
- eggs and chicken eggs (liver, tongue, heart);
- fish and seafood (sea fish fillets, shrimp, lobster, crab);
- dairy products (cottage cheese, sour cream, milk, yogurt without sugar);
- berries, citrus and other low GI fruits;
- vegetables (cabbage, fresh peas and beans, greens and vegetables);
- nuts and seeds.
Advantages and disadvantages
- You can arrange the menu to your liking from the various products allowed. Every day the diet will be different, which means that the diet is easily tolerated and not painful.
- No need to waste time preparing special dishes.
- Acceptable nutritional costs.
- Reliability, you will lose weight fast.
- While limiting the consumption of carbohydrate foods in the body, ketones are produced - substances that speed up the burning process of adipose tissue. Ketones reduce appetite, energize the brain, and act as antidepressants.
However, not everything is very bright; carbohydrate -free diets also have significant drawbacks.
- As a result of eating large amounts of protein foods, metabolic products burden the liver and kidneys. They work very intensively, which can lead to the development of chronic diseases.
- Rejecting foods that contain carbohydrates, a person will lose vitamins and minerals in his body. Therefore, experts recommend taking self -proven vitamins and supplements.
- With a lack of carbohydrates in the body, ketone bodies are formed. They accumulate in the blood and then get into the urine. People call this symptom "acetone in the urine", this indicates a violation of fat and carbohydrate metabolism.
- Often, the body does not want to receive a carbohydrate-free diet, so a person has unpleasant symptoms: weakness, nausea, constipation, or conversely, diarrhea.
- Protein-rich foods contain a lot of fat, so be careful with your menu.
As mentioned earlier, this diet does not have a strict menu, you can compile it yourself.
For 7 days
- Morning: omelet with cheese or eggs; coffee without sugar or orange juice; dietary bread.
- Day: vegetable soup with chicken broth; chicken with rice; a glass of kefir; instead of rice, you can use a vegetable salad with olive oil.
- Evening: a variety of cucumbers and tomatoes, seasoned with lemon juice; low -fat cottage cheese; grapefruit.
- Morning: low -fat yogurt; a piece of cheese; orange or apple.
- Day: vegetable soup with beef broth; boiled beef; kefir or apple juice.
- Evening: boiled cauliflower with mushrooms; boiled eggs; dried fruit compote.
- Morning: oatmeal over water; cottage cheese casserole; green tea.
- Day: fish soup without potatoes; boiled fish; celery salad; coffee.
- Evening: turkey meat with vegetables; tomato juice; Greek salad.
- Morning: scrambled eggs with tomatoes; Apple; rosehip gravy.
- Day: cheese soup; boiled breast with vegetables; yogurt.
- Evening: buckwheat porridge; boiled beef; fruit juice.
- Morning: cottage cheese with sour cream; boiled eggs; sugar -free coffee.
- Afternoon: vegetable soup with green beans; fried fish in olive oil; green tea or berry juice.
- Evening: cabbage salad; meat steak; the herb.
- Morning: 2 eggs; oatmeal and tea.
- Day: chicken soup without potatoes; millet porridge; yogurt.
- Evening: boiled fish; cucumber and tomato salad; rosehip gravy.
- Morning: curd and berries; Baked apples.
- Day: turkey; grilled fish; tomato juice.
- Evening: beef liver; steamed cauliflower; compote.
For 10 days
- Breakfast: two boiled eggs; various cucumbers and tomatoes with the addition of Chinese cabbage (season with 1 teaspoon of olive oil); coffee without sugar or rosehip broth.
- Lunch: a slice of low -fat cheese and two lettuce leaves.
- Lunch: grilled breast; radish and lettuce salad; green tea.
- Afternoon snack: a glass of kefir and a handful of berries.
- Dinner: steamed lean fish fillets; roasted eggplant or zucchini with cheese.
- Breakfast: two -egg omelet with tomatoes; natural yogurt with pieces of fruit; coffee without sugar and milk.
- Lunch: a glass of kefir and oranges.
- Lunch: fillet flounder; vegetable stew made from tomatoes, zucchini, broccoli, scallions.
- Afternoon snack: cucumber stuffed with grated cheese (45 gr. ).
- Dinner: roast beef steak; spinach, arugula and avocado salad; carrot juice.
- Breakfast: two -egg omelet with a tomato; two slices of celery and 45 g of grated cheese; rosehip gravy.
- Lunch: a glass of yogurt with berries or fruit.
- Lunch: boiled mackerel fillet; broccoli soup, scallions and tomato puree.
- Afternoon snack: a glass of kefir with berries.
- Dinner: roast pork; steamed cauliflower with the addition of 1 tsp. olive oil; the herb.
- Breakfast: natural yogurt with pieces of fruit; two boiled eggs; green tea.
- Lunch: two slices of celery and a slice of cheese.
- Lunch: grilled tuna fillet; white cabbage, radish and cucumber salad.
- Afternoon snack: a glass of kefir and a handful of berries.
- Dinner: breast; zucchini pancakes; coffee.
- Breakfast: cottage cheese casserole with berries; the herb.
- Lunch: a small portion of Caesar and chicken breast.
- Lunch: halibut fillets; various types of white cabbage, cucumbers and carrots with olive oil.
- Dinner: beef steak; oven -baked asparagus, sprinkled with grated cheese.
- Breakfast: low -fat cottage cheese with berries and green tea.
- Lunch: grilled breast and salsa salad.
- Lunch: salmon fillet and mushroom noodle soup.
- Afternoon snack: two slices of celery and 45 g of low -fat cheese.
- Dinner: steamed breast and asparagus with grated cheese.
- Breakfast: one omelet with tomatoes and herbs; natural yogurt with pieces of fruit; coffee.
- Lunch: a small portion of Caesar seasoned with olive oil, lemon juice and spices.
- Lunch: flounder fillets and grilled cauliflower.
- Afternoon snack: cheese and two slices of celery.
- Dinner: breast and Mexican guacamole salad dish and herbal tea.
From the eighth day we start from the beginning. In this version, it is allowed to drink a glass of low -fat milk or kefir at night.
This option is only suitable for highly motivated people with good health and strong will.
- Day 1. Starting at 10 a. m. , we ate a boiled egg every two hours. Only 5 eggs per day.
- 2nd. During the day, in small portions, we eat 1 kg of lean fish cooked without salt.
- 3rd. 2 boiled breasts without salt.
- 4th. 5 boiled potatoes.
- 5th. Half a kilo of boiled beef or beef.
- 6th. 2 kg of any fruit, except bananas.
- 7th. 2 kg of vegetables except potatoes. Cooking methods: cooking, steaming, grilling.
- 8th. 1 kg of low -fat cottage cheese.
- 9th. 2 liters of low -fat kefir.
- 10th. We drank rosehip stew all day.
For 14 days
- Breakfast: two boiled eggs, tea or coffee without sugar.
- Snack: 100 g of low -fat cottage cheese.
- Lunch: 200 g of boiled pollock, rosehip broth.
- Afternoon snacks: white cabbage and cucumber salad.
- Dinner: 100 g of boiled pollock.
- Breakfast: oatmeal, eggs, green tea.
- Snack: a glass of kefir or natural yogurt with berries or pieces of fruit.
- Lunch: buckwheat porridge and roasted breast 100 g.
- Lunch snacks: a variety of cucumbers and tomatoes.
- Dinner: boiled pollock 100 g.
- Breakfast: oatmeal, eggs, green tea.
- Snacks: green apples.
- Lunch: a portion of brown rice and 100 g of chicken breast.
- Afternoon snack: curd casserole.
- Dinner: Brussels sprouts salad.
- Breakfast: two egg omelettes. Tea or coffee without sugar.
- Snack: pollock or steamed breast 100 g.
- Lunch: 200 g boiled pollock, roasted vegetables (zucchini, eggplant, various types of cabbage).
- Afternoon snack: 200 g assorted vegetables.
- Dinner: grapefruit and apple juice.
- Breakfast: oatmeal and boiled eggs.
- Snacks: vegetable salad, 50 g of low-fat cheese.
- Lunch: boiled rice and breast, vegetables 100 g.
- Afternoon snacks: carrot salad and low-fat cottage cheese, 100 g each.
- Dinner: a green apple and unlimited cabbage.
- Breakfast: two egg omelet with one tomato.
- Snacks: 150 g vegetable salad or 100 g of cottage cheese.
- Lunch: boiled rice and chicken breast.
- Afternoon snack: carrot salad in olive oil and cabbage.
- Dinner: 100 g of pollock and a glass of kefir.
- Breakfast: oatmeal with boiled eggs. Tea with a spoonful of honey.
- Snacks: apples or oranges.
- Lunch: 200 g of boiled beef and pearl barley porridge.
- Afternoon snack: 100 g of cottage cheese.
- Dinner: 200 g of vegetable salad with pieces of cheese.
- Breakfast: two boiled eggs, an apple, green tea.
- Snacks: oranges.
- Lunch: buckwheat porridge or rice with pollock (150 g).
- Afternoon snack: boiled breast 200 g.
- Dinner: vegetable salad 200 g.
- Breakfast: a glass of kefir and an omelet.
- Snack: cabbage salad with cucumber 200 g.
- Lunch: boiled rice and breast.
- Afternoon snack: carrot salad.
- Dinner: vegetable salad and small grapefruit.
- Breakfast: oatmeal, eggs and tea with a spoonful of honey.
- Snack: 100 g vegetable salad.
- Lunch: some rice, chicken pieces with steamed onions.
- Afternoon snack: a glass of natural yogurt.
- Dinner: low -fat cottage cheese and green apples.
- Breakfast: two boiled eggs, green tea or coffee without sugar.
- Snacks: oranges and a handful of nuts.
- Lunch: 200 g of grilled fish.
- Afternoon snack: 200 g tomato juice.
- Dinner: beef steak 150 g.
The 12th day
- Breakfast: oatmeal and eggs, coffee.
- Snack: 50 g of low -fat cheese.
- Lunch: 200 g of lentil soup, fish cake.
- Dinner: banana juice and carrots.
- Breakfast: vegetable salad, coffee and bread.
- Snacks: cabbage salad.
- Lunch: steamed fish cake and buckwheat porridge.
- Afternoon snack: an apple and a glass of kefir.
- Dinner: salmon steak, lettuce.
- Breakfast: scrambled eggs from two eggs with a piece of meat.
- Snacks: 50 g cheese and two slices of celery.
- Lunch: some brown rice and boiled breast.
- Afternoon snack: 200g sour cream.
- Dinner: vegetable stew and herbal stew.
For a month
You can diet for a long time, while following the following recommendations:
First week (introduction). In the morning we eat complex carbohydrates, for snacks and lunch - protein and complex carbohydrates 50/50, afternoon snacks and dinner - protein foods. Sweet and starchy foods are completely excluded, but vegetables and fruits with a low GI can be added. The goal of the first week is to prepare the body for a carbohydrate -free diet.
Second week. We eat the following: eggs (2 pieces a day), low -fat cottage cheese, 1% kefir, 0, 5% milk (one glass), boiled beef, skinless chicken breast (fat is concentrated in it), boiled sea fish orgrilled, seafood, fresh vegetables: cabbage, cucumbers, tomatoes, herbs (unlimited), apples and oranges (one day up to 14-00), for dinner you can eat 1 tbsp. a spoonful of bran.
Third week. Low -fat cottage cheese, eggs (2 - whole, 2 proteins only), boiled breast, boiled or baked sea fish, cucumber (one portion a day), herbs, bran, 1 tbsp. spoon three times a day.
Fourth week. 2 boiled chicken breasts a day, boiled egg whites (7-8 pieces per day), a bunch of parsley, bran.
The term has entered everyday life from fitness and bodybuilding. Athletes use it to burn fat while maintaining muscle mass.
What you need to know
- Even if you do the drying according to all the rules, it is completely unsafe. Excessive kidney and liver, which leads to weakness and lethargy, increased chronic disease, and impaired function of the gastrointestinal tract.
- If you do not exercise, then there will be no drying of fat, it will be a regular low -calorie diet. You can’t expect miracles from it, but health issues are highly desirable.
- Drying only makes sense if you’ve ever been involved in sports training and have the muscle you need to get rid of layers of fat. If there is no obvious muscle under the fat layer, it will be more effective for you to leave out starchy, fatty and sweet foods.
- This is a long process and unlike a pre -holiday weight loss routine. Short -term drying (for competition preparation) lasts for one to two weeks, and long -term (gradual) drying takes five to seven weeks. Only gradual ones will help tighten the numbers.
- It is held no more than twice a year.
Perfect drying performance
- Two weeks before the start of drying, it is necessary to support the liver. This will help you hepatoprotectors - prophylactic agents that have a positive effect on the liver.
- During this time, the body can not experience stress: travel, weddings, sessions, emergencies at work. Therefore, plan the drying time carefully.
- Women are not recommended to "dry" for more than one and a half months, otherwise hormonal disorders will occur. At the end of the process, the way out follows. In terms of duration, it is similar to drying itself.
- Training during this period must be short but very intense. Cardio training should not last more than half an hour, and strength training lasts for 45 minutes.
- The caloric content in the diet is only 300-350 calories less than usual. A menu that is too low in calories (up to 1200 kcal a day) is only suitable if you weigh 55 kg or less before drying out.
- Protein shakes and other supplements are used in consultation with the trainer.
Nutritionists are very cautious: drying is not just a carbohydrate -free diet, a process that is too serious to do yourself, at home. Experiments can have a negative impact on health.
Contraindications to a carbohydrate -free diet
Before starting such a diet, you should consult a doctor in the following cases:
- If you have just had surgery.
- Having kidney, liver, or gastrointestinal problems.
- Suffering from a chronic illness.
Diet is strictly prohibited:
- children under 18;
- lactating and pregnant women;
- with food allergies to protein products.
To make your menu tasty and varied, we offer some simple recipes.
Chicken balls with cheese
Take 0, 5 kg of chicken fillet and scroll through a meat grinder. A pinch of salt, pepper, and two cloves of chopped garlic will enhance the flavor. Mix everything well. Beat raw eggs. On a coarse grater, grate 200 gr. the hard cheese and shavings produced also add minced meat. Messed up again. Brush the pan with olive oil and shape into small balls of meat. Bake in the oven at 200 C for 20 minutes. When brown, turn to the other side. Serve hot, sprinkled with herbs.
Take one kilogram of beef liver, rinse until clean with cold water, grind until smooth using a meat grinder or blender. Chop one large onion and 200 gr. champignon. At 4 egg whites. Add 2 tbsp. spoons of oat bran. Mix the whole mass well. Put in a mold, oil with olive oil and bake in the oven at 180 degrees for 40 minutes. While cooking, you can use sugar -free kebab seasoning.
A choice of casserole without onions and mushrooms is also possible.
Light chicken salad
Boil 100 gr. fillets. Drain the broth, it will be useful for soups. Take 50 gr. lettuce leaves and cut. Cut fillets, cucumbers, tomatoes and boiled eggs that are ready into cubes. Combine all ingredients and add a drop of olive oil.
Mushrooms are baked in eggs
Take half a kilo of fresh mushrooms, finely chop, boil in salted water and put in a strainer. When the liquid has dried, transfer the mushrooms to a skillet and fry in a little olive oil. Then transfer to a baking sheet and sprinkle with the ingredients. Salt and pepper to taste. Use a spoon to make two holes in the mass and pour the raw egg. Bake in the oven until the eggs are done.
Take 200 gr. pumpkin and grated. Beat one raw egg into the resulting mass. Add 4 tbsp. spoons of flour and a pinch of soda. Stir in the pumpkin mixture until well combined. Form pancakes and bake at 200 degrees. You can sprinkle it with grated cheese first. Instead of baking, pancakes can only be fried.
Get out of the diet
How to get out of the diet properly:
- Return to your normal diet gradually, adding new foods each week. For example, seven days after the end of the marathon, you include pasta on the menu. Fourteen days later - starchy vegetables, after three weeks - cereals, and so on. . .
- Continue to eat in fractions: in small portions several times a day. Nutritionists say that 5 times a day is much healthier than less frequent meals.
- Stick to the green plate rules. It sounds like this: half of it is filled with leafy greens and crispy greens. A quarter plate: cereals - rice, bulgur, beans and a second quarter: healthy protein foods the size of human palm - fish, chicken, beef, etc.
- The amount of carbohydrates consumed per day increased by only 30 grams. Very nice if this is a slow carb.
- Don't forget about exercise. You don’t have to spend the night in the gym, you can walk briskly and do light exercise in the morning.
- Limit your fat intake.