According to statistics, 8 out of 10 people who lose weight claim that a diet of 6 petals helps them achieve maximum weight loss. What is so special about this magical eating scheme, why is it called the most optimistic and psychologically comfortable? In this article you will find comprehensive answers to questions about weight loss, as well as find examples of menus for daily diet.
The diet is designed for 6 days, each represented by its own "petals":
- first day (petals) - fish; The second
- is vegetable; The third
- is meat; fourth
- - grain;
- fifth - curd; The sixth
- is the fruit.
The principle of such a nutritional system is based on the separation of proteins and carbohydrates. Three of the six days are designed for exclusive protein intake, the other three carbohydrate foods. This division has a physiological basis. The human body is designed to absorb carbohydrates completely only when eaten in conjunction with protein. Separate nutrient intake leads to the fact that the body is unable to absorb it completely and is forced to take energy from fat storage.
Who is the author of this power plan?
The author of this system is Anna Johansson, a female nutritionist from Sweden. Although no documentary evidence of Swedish involvement in the development of the petals diet was found, the program was considered professional and literate.
What does this have to do with the petals?
The idea of petal diet is a psychological visualization of the nutritional system. The authors suggest to express it in the form of large chamomile flowers, where each petal symbolizes a separate feeding day. Tearing the petals every day, losing weight gradually brings him closer to his goal. This serves as an important motivational element and helps to adapt to food restrictions positively.
What day regimen should you follow?
You can eat according to the classic scheme with breakfast, lunch and dinner. No need to skip snacks, petal nutrition is already low in calories, so you should not go hungry either.
Can the day be changed?
Not allowed. Every six days the diet prepares the body for the next phase of weight loss. By rearranging the meal day, you are completely disrupting the whole scheme at the physiological level.
Why is fish day the first, when the body is not yet hungry?
The task of fish in the diet is to "relax" the body's alertness by filling it with protein and fat, forcing it to actively burn calories.
How can you survive such bland food?
Natural spices, fresh and frozen greens, cinnamon, lemon juice and ginger will help make the dish brighter and tastier. You can sweeten your food with a sugar substitute or a teaspoon of honey, but only as a last resort.
How often can you eat with such a program?
The six-pet diet can be repeated periodically, but not more than once a month. The body needs at least 4 weeks to restore its energy balance and increase its storage of vitamins and minerals.
What do doctors think about the Swedish diet?
Doctors highly recommend seeing them while planning a diet. With obesity, endocrine diseases and digestive disorders, it is dangerous to limit yourself to food.
Do I need to count calories?
Optional, but required. The recommended caloric value for adults is 1200-1400 kcal.
What is the difference between the petals diet 6 and 7?
The 7 Petal diet includes the last "hungry" day. At the end of the cycle, it is forbidden to eat any food, but only stay in water and drink.
Who is on a diet for
The original weight loss scheme successfully combined two factors: calorie restriction and psychological motivation. Therefore, the petals diet can be safely recommended to anyone who:
- unable to find intrinsic motivation and desire for food restrictions;
- want to lose weight fast without extreme physical effort;
- does not tolerate hunger and low-calorie fasting days;
- likes to plan his meals and does not "bother" providing complex diet foods.
Six petal diets successfully lose excess weight 500-800 g per day. The total weight loss at the end of the diet cycle is at least 3 kg.
Diet can be much more, but you have to go through several "chamomile" cycles. There are cases when men and women manage to lose weight by 15-18 kg.
Who Diets Are Not Appropriate
The "6 petals" diet is designed for healthy people who do not complain about their well-being and do not suffer from chronic diseases. But in reality it is almost impossible to meet someone without being "chronic".
There are several categories of people who are categorically prohibited from dieting:
- diabetics - they should get the optimal amount of carbohydrates, proteins and fats prescribed by diet 9;
- for teens - a growing body needs fats not found in the petals diet;
- pregnant women - in case of rapid weight gain, women who are in a position can be recommended to fast on the 2nd and 3rd trimester days;
- breastfeeding women - their diet should be balanced, but hypoallergenic;
- patients with gastrointestinal tract disease - in the acute stage, they are prescribed a "hungry" day and a fractional diet;
- for patients with pathology of the liver and kidneys - large amounts of protein in the diet increase the load on these internal organs.
Swedish food involves the complete rejection of sugar, so it is very difficult for those who have sweet teeth in such a diet. In their case, a natural chocolate diet may be recommended. All day you just have to eat dark chocolate, dividing the bar into several receptions.
Advantages and Disadvantages of Diet
The advantages of the nutrition scheme proposed by Anna Johansson are:
- optimal time - in 6 days the body has no time to run out, weight loss occurs smoothly, but significantly;
- lack of overeating - due to the monotony of food during the day, you will not want to eat a lot;
- simplicity of dishes - the daily menu includes simple and common products available to everyone;
- adequate amounts of vitamins and minerals - diet contains vegetables and fruits that are rich in useful nutrients;
- absence of "hungry" days - diet can be considered gentle and relentless;
- The menu varies - you don't feel hungry, you don't have to eat the same food every day.
But you should pay attention to those who lose weight and "traps" whose diet does not exist:
- with rapid weight loss, the skin becomes fluffy, and muscles lose tone;
- on protein day, a person may experience a weakness caused by a lack of carbohydrate compounds;
- rapid weight loss can put stress on the body and disrupt normal metabolic processes;
- is not suitable for the season of hypovitaminosis, when the body becomes weak;
- Chronic diseases of the stomach and intestines, which have long been underweight, may worsen;
- diet does not guarantee significant weight loss - 20% of those who lose weight are unable to lose more than 2 kg in 6 days.
What to Do and Not to Do
The basis of the diet is the daily replacement of protein and carbohydrate foods. The 1st, 3rd and 5th days will be protein, the 2nd, 4th and 6th days will be carbohydrates. It is forbidden to mix the days with each other, otherwise effective weight loss will not work.
Important!Rapid burning of fat weights is observed on the first day of observing mono foods. In the days that followed, the results achieved were put together, and his body was rebuilt into a new metabolic system.
The following products are included in the "white" list:
- Vegetables that do not contain a lot of starch - zucchini, zucchini, eggplant, tomatoes, cucumbers, cabbage, carrots, greens, beets, allspice (parsley, coriander, basil, dill), celery, peppers, broccoli, cauliflower;
- almost all fruits and berries - apples, pears, oranges, oranges, pomelo, grapefruit, cherries, peaches, apricots, plums, strawberries, lemons;
- dairy products with low percentage of fat - kefir, cottage cheese, fermented roasted milk, sour cream, unsaturated yogurt, whole milk;
- meat - only nutritious chicken porridge, without skin and tendons;
- several types of cereals - buckwheat, wheat flour in the form of flakes, unrefined rice, bran, germinated grains;
- low-fat seafood and fish - bream, pike perch, pollock, hake, blue whiting, cod, trout, salmon;
- bran or whole wheat bread, rye crayon, crispy bread, seeds, nuts and seeds.
There are no strict restrictions on drinks. Decoction of flowers, herbs, fresh juices, homemade compote, mineral water - all this can be drunk. If possible, you should limit or completely abandon black tea and coffee to drink chicory and green tea. Drinks with the addition of grated ginger, mint leaves and lemon slices will help quench your thirst.
The main taboo of a six-pet diet is:
- all kinds of fats - butter and vegetable oils, margarine, mayonnaise;
- fast food - sandwiches, hamburgers, any fried foods;
- vegetables with lots of essence - pumpkin, potatoes, beans;
- fast food - sausages, meat dishes, basturma, ham, smoked ham, boiled pork, canned food;
- meats - beef, pork, beef, rabbit;
- flour products - pies, pies, dumplings, dumplings, pancakes, bread, pasta;
- all sweets - chocolate, candy, gingerbread, marmalade, halva, marshmallows, cookies, marshmallows, jams;
- cereals - corn, millet, wheat, pearl barley.
Sugar is prohibited in any form - sugar should not be added to food and beverages. To prevent the food from looking skinny, it is a little salty, spices and natural spices can be added without added flavor. Sometimes an exception is made for vegetable oils - no more than one teaspoon of olive oil or sunflower that can be eaten daily.
Given the list of foods provided by the 6-leaf diet, it is not difficult to organize the menu. But you have to be patient, because all day you only have to eat one type of product.
Day # 1 - fish
The first day, which includes only fish, is designed to give the body enough omega-3 unsaturated acids. These are the same healthy fats that cannot accumulate in subcutaneous tissue in the form of cellulite and extra pounds. The protein contained in fish food is good for filling, suppresses hunger and is digested with high quality.
What you can cook on fish day:
- fillet salmon, pollock, trout, hake in a double boiler with ingredients;
- fish steak with garlic wrap, baked in foil;
- fish soup with ingredients and sea salt;
- fresh seafood cocktails.
The amount of fish products must be around 300-500 grams per day.
Day # 2 - vegetables
The number of products per day of vegetables is limited to 1-1, 5 kg. But in fact, you can eat as many vegetables as you want - they do not supply many calories, but contain a maximum of vitamins and micronutrients. Vegetables rich in fiber (carrots, beets) provide a feeling of fullness and at the same time contribute to high-quality intestinal cleansing by increasing peristalsis.
What to Plan for Vegetable Petals:
- ragout carrots, peppers, cabbage and onions;
- roasted eggplant or oven and zucchini;
- boiled cauliflower or broccoli, seasoned with lemon juice and Provencal ingredients;
- vegetable tomato soup with basil.
Important!The Six Petals diet does not provide the body with all the essential nutrients. Therefore, doctors forbid eating according to this scheme continuously.
Day # 3 - chicken
Chicken is considered a favorite food in the diet. It contains easily digestible proteins and a large number of minerals - magnesium, iron, phosphorus, potassium. The amino acids found in the product are used exclusively to strengthen muscles and not turn into subcutaneous fat.
Recipes of the Day:
- steamed chicken breast pieces with eggs and dill;
- chicken fillets baked in foil with spices;
- boiled meat in the form of steak.
On this day of protein, it is allowed to eat up to 0, 5 kg of chicken.
Day # 4 - cereal
For this diet level, only whole grains that do not contain bran shells are suitable. These components belong to the slow carbohydrate - it takes a long time to digest and requires a lot of energy. To increase the value of food from cereals, they should be soaked in water overnight, and in the morning they should be boiled or steamed.
- buckwheat porridge with bran;
- Hercules muesli with nuts or seeds;
- rice porridge with herbs and wheat grains.
The total quantity of dry wheat should not exceed one glass.
Day # 5 - cottage cheese
On the fifth day, you should buy 500 g of diet cottage cheese with a fat content of not more than 3, 8%. The so-called curd product is not suitable for the petals diet - it contains useless fats and hydrogenated additives. Cottage cheese, like any protein product, neutralizes hunger well and promotes cell renewal.
Sample menu for this protein day:
- baked cheese cake with semolina and cinnamon;
- cottage cheese whipped with sugar substitute and two tablespoons of brewed coffee;
- cottage cheese dessert with natural yogurt.
Today, dairy drinks with moderate fat content are allowed - kefir, milk, ayran, yogurt.
Day 6 - fruits
Fruit Diet Sweden is considered the tastiest and brightest. You can eat any fruit, except bananas, grapes and dried fruit - calories and sugar are too high. Fruits and berries have antioxidant properties, they prevent premature aging and remove toxins from the body. This product does a "final" body cleansing and prepares it to go out of the diet.
On fruit day, you can connect your imagination and combine products according to your wishes. Salads, smoothies, fresh juices, fresh juices, roasted fruit with cinnamon and cardamom - all of these will be perfect for the final “petals” of the meal.
How to get out of the diet
Exiting a healthy diet will help maintain the nutritional value of food. Calorie content can be gradually increased, starting from 1200 kcal and increasing it to 2000 kcal. A week after the end of the "petals" it is better to eat the same food, combine several types of protein on the day of protein, and different types of carbohydrates on the day of carbohydrates.
If a person plans to continue losing weight, it makes sense to switch to a balanced diet. It should include protein, carbohydrates and fats, but with low energy values. At this stage, do not forget about physical exercise, lymphatic drainage massage. This procedure will help tighten the "thin" skin and strengthen the muscles.
The Swedish Food Scheme is reliable because it is compiled by a professional nutritionist. Strict day changes, the absence of fat in the diet and important motivational moments make the diet effective and popular. But keep in mind that the program is designed for quick and short-term results. So that the lost kilograms do not return, lose weight and at the end of the diet should eat rationally and not overeat.